‘Your Heritage’ Photographic Competition
Supported by Jugglers and Middlewich Town Council
The environment in which we live and work in has been shaped by our ancestors for thousands of years. Cheshire is a landscape steeped in history; it has been an industrial and agricultural land with established route-ways dating back to the Iron Age and engineered waterways from the Industrial Revolution. Each part of Cheshire is distinctive and unique.
Brief: To capture an image of Cheshire, exploring the landscape both natural & worked and historic built environment. We also have a ‘general’ category that will allow more scope in terms of having a prize winning photograph that does not fit into an existing category.
This exciting opportunity exists for young budding photographers, enthusiastic amateurs and semi– professional photographers to take part in the Annual ‘Your Heritage’ exhibition. All Photographic entries received will be displayed at the Folk and Boat Festival on 14th and 15th June 2014.
Exploring the past can often be the key to the future.
Landscape The natural and man-made landscapes, land marks and earthworks
Environmental conservation: The Nature and wildlife that live in our communities.
*New* Portraits Paying homage to the Great War and the act of capturing an image
Of a loved one before going to serve for their country. Portraits can be in a traditional style, on the move, artistic or re-enacted Edwardian style.
Camera Phone images For people who like to be out and about with their camera phone taking those candid and spontaneous shots
General topics Pictures can be anything that doesn’t find into the above categories;
for example sports, cars, fairgrounds etc.
The deadline for entries through the post and receiving day for those who want to hand deliver their pictures is Friday 6th June 2014, 9am – 6pm, Room 5, Victoria Building, Lewin St, Middlewich, CW10 9AS. Telephone: 01606 841379 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An entry form must be filled out with your name, contact details, title of work, location of shot and date taken. Your name and title must also be on the back of each photographic entry, (please use a typed label or pencil only as this avoids damage to the prints).
- Open for budding photographers aged up to 10 years old, 11- 17 years, Amateurs of 18+ and semi-professional. Each age and ability group can enter up to two photographs in each category, entry is free.
- Prizes of £25 will be given to the best in each category, and the overall winner chosen by our judges, will receive a trophy sponsored by Jugglers Management Accounting Services. All winners and finalists will be displayed at the Middlewich Folk and Boat Festival 14th – 15th June 2014. An extra Prize will be ‘The People’s Choice Award’; this award is given by the public visiting the Folk and Boat Festival who will vote on their favourite photograph on display.
- The photographs must be taken in Cheshire and only new work taken in 2013 & 2014 will be considered.
- All prints must be mounted; maximum mount size shall not exceed 50cm x 40cm. Minimum print size shall not be less than 25.4cm (10”) on the largest side. No frames please.
- Photograph prints can be in Colour or Black & White, using either digital camera, film camera or camera phone. Use of photo enhancement software is acceptable, however photographs will be judged on quality of image, subject matter and meeting competition criteria.
All Winners and finalists will be chosen by a panel, the winners will be informed by 12th June; the decision of the panel is final. The People’s Choice Award will be announced on the 24th June. For anyone who wants their pictures returned after the Festival, please send a SAE or pick them up from the office between the 24th June to 4th July, 9am-5pm.